- Bago City is composed of 24 barangays, 16 of which are rural and 8 are urban
- Urban barangays based on NSO 2000 Census are, Abuanan, Atipuluan, Caridad, Balingasag, Don Jorge Araneta, Ma-ao, Poblacion andTaloc
- Brgy. Ilijan , with a distance of 30.50 kms. From the city proper is the farthest Barangay
- Bago City has a total land area of 38, 941 ha.
- 3,651.7150 ga. Belong to Mt. Kanla-on Natural Park
- Brgy. Bacong has the biggest land area with 4,827.0350 hectares
- Brgy Poblacion has the smallest land area with 311.5044 hectares
- Bago City has 1,100 has-water area and 15 kms. coastline
Bago City is traversed by the widest river in the province, the Bago River, which starts from the northeast slope of Mt. Kanla-on and drains into Guimaras Strait.
- Moderately slopping to rolling lands
- Slopes raging from 0 to 3% comprises 22.911.42 has. 3 to 8% comprises 5,783.92 has. 8 to 18% comprises4, 682.22 has, 18.1 to 30% comprises 1,514.84 has, 30 to 50% steep hills and rolling comprises 1,735.18 has. and a very steep and mountainous 50% above comprises 2,313.57 has.
Climate, Rainfall & Temperature
- Wet from May to December and dry from January to April
- Temperature level is 24.40 degrees Celsius
- Average rainfall recorded is 5.68 mm for 89 rainy days within a year
- Average humidity level is 76.17%
- First recorded population was 23,630 in 1903
- 2000 census showed that Bago City has a population of ‘41,721
- Male Population is 72,777 (NSO 2000 Census)
- Female Population is 86,944
- Urban Population is 60,557 (NSO Census)
- Rural Population is 81,164 (NSO Census)
- Population Density is 362 persons per sq. km.
- Brgy. Ma-ao has the biggest population of 14,916
- Brgy. Bagroy has the lowest population of 1,305
- 99.6% of the residents speak llonggo
- 0.4% speak other languages such as Tagalog, Cebuano, Aklanon and llocano
- 82% are Roman Catholic
- 2% are Convention of the Philippines Baptist Church
- 3% are Iglesia ni Kristo
- and the remaining are either Jehova’s Witnesses, Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints, Seventh Day Adventists, Evangelicals, etc